Monday, December 13, 2010

Opinions offered on the Internet

Trolling is something so familiarly encountered nowadays on social networks and forums. However, even with accountability, some trolls are still 'brave' enough to type their candid comments out on social topics, without caring if the comments offend others or border on extremities. The trolls are not afraid to provide their full names.

I am heartened by some measures taken by websites to prevent such unfair comments from being aired on the Internet. Gizmodo has come up with an 'audition' for comments made on their website by sifting through all the opinions offered. Disqus has also come up with this method of sifting the wheat from the chaff through rating scores.

Indeed, editing of comments made on the Internet is necessary. I do that on my Facebook profile when I receive notifications of comments made on my posts by my friends. As long as the comments offend my sensibilities, they are deleted.

No comments: