Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A survey based on Austenesque Reviews

An ardent admirer's self-interview

The first Austenesque novel I ever read was: Edmund Bertram's Diary by Amanda Grange.

The most recent Austenesque novel I read was: Pride and Prescience by Carrie Bebris.

My favourite Jane Austen heroine is: Elizabeth Bennet.

My favourite Jane Austen hero is: Fitzwilliam Darcy.

My favourite original Austenesque character is: Robyn Love in A Weekend With Mr Darcy by Victoria Connelly.  

My favourite Pride and Prejudice variation is: Darcy's Voyage by Kara Louise.

My favourite Austenesque sequel is: A Match For Mary Bennet by Eucharista Ward.

My favourite Austenesque modern adaptation is: Love, Lies and Lizzie by Rosie Rushton.

My favourite Austenesque cover is: Definitely Not Mr Darcy by Karen Doornebos.

One of my favourite Austenesque authors is: Kara Louise.

One of the Austenesque novels currently on my wishlist is: Pemberley Celebrations - The First Year by Kara Louise.

One of my favourite scenes from an Austenesque novel is: both Colonel Fitzwilliam and Darcy standing up to Lady Catherine in Darcy's Voyage.

The Austenesque character I would like as a best friend is: Elizabeth Bennet's maid assigned to her by Darcy in Only Mr Darcy Will Do by Kara Louise.

The Austenesque character I would not like as a best friend is: Lady Grace in Definitely Not Mr Darcy by Karen Doornebos.

The thing I love most about Austenesque novels is: the varied storylines.

If I could live in any Austenesque novel, I would choose: A Weekend With Mr Darcy by Victoria Connelly.

The Austenesque character I would like to trade places with is: Amanda Price in Lost In Austen. I know it is a film and not a novel, but I have always wished her time-travel adventure would happen to me.

The Austenesque character I would not like to trade places with is: Courtney who finds herself in Jane Mansfield's body and experiences leeching in Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler.

No comments: