Monday, November 10, 2008

Library news!

Drop Everything And Read(DEAR) is on once again at all libraries. From 1 November to 31 January( I hope I am correct about the end date), all members can borrow twice the usual number of books they borrow. Being a basic member, I can borrow 8 books or magazines. Premium members can borrow 16. We are given 2 weeks for magazines and 3 weeks for books. I've already embarked on my quest for 8 books each time I step into the library.

Also, Bishan Library is asking for English fiction books for readers from 17-40 years of age. Of course, these donated books are to be in good condition, ie. no stains or missing/torn pages. I've donated 6-7 books so I can make room for the countless books I've bought and that are waiting to be read. Some people donate non-fiction, children's and Chinese books. Can't they understand English?!

No comments: