Monday, April 25, 2011

The Collected Wit and Wisdom of Sherlock Holmes

On Crime:

...when a clever man turns his brain to crime it is the worst of all.
- The Adventure of the Speckled Band

On Detection:

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
- The Sign of the Four

I see no more than you, but I have trained myself to notice what I see.
- The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier

On Education:

Education never ends Watson. It is a series of lessons with the greatest for the last.
- The Adventure of the Red Circle

On Intelligence:

Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it
- The Hound of the Baskervilles

On Nature:

One ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature.
- A Study in Scarlet

On Himself:

I am an omnivorous reader with a strangely retentive memory for trifles.
- The Adventure of the Lion's Mane

No comments: