Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yet another 'new' bookshop

Kinokuniya has been around for a rather long time but I went to the one in Liang Court only today. It is really big and a reader's paradise. I need at least 1 and a half hours to walk through the whole place, and this is merely restricted to the English book and magazine sections.

The children and young adult sections are full of jewels. I had to resist the temptation to buy a few books. There are books on well-loved characters like Dora, Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie, Harry Potter and the Narnians. It is such a pity that people are ignorant of the wonders to be found there.

The Literature section is also another treasure chest. Most of the books are chic-lit though. The whole collection of Little Black Dress Books is there. I bought one with a bright pink cover, my favourite colour. It is a Regency romance. It is entitled The Rules of Gentility. I now own a LBD book!

The stationery section is also a dazzle for ladies who like pretty and cute things. I bought pink flower stickers. I also saw paper crafts, drawstring and little tote bags, notebooks and diaries, and letter pads amongst other things. The designs are absolutely gorgeous and colourful, especially the Japanese ones. I was brought back to my secondary school days when I used to collect notepads.

This has become another favourite bookshop of mine, besides PageOne, MPH Citylink and Harris Suntec. :D

I discovered the Harris bookshop at Changi Airport T3. It was awesome, as I had finally found a book I have been searching for a long time. I couldn't buy it though, as I was flying off in a short time. I've not found the book in any other bookshop, and even in London, however. :S

Waterstone's at Charing Cross and Foyles at Embankment are two huge bookshops in London. They are as big as the Borders/Books Etc bookshop at Bayswater and Oxford Circus there. I bought/found unusual books and managed to find another book I had been searching for a long time. I also bought books I had seen back here, at much cheaper prices after conversion. Another bookshop I went to was Books Warehouse at Notting Hill.

Just like Rohit Brijnath, I too, zero in on bookshops at shopping malls. I have a love relationship with them too, courtesy of my parents. They take up a huge portion of my spending and I must cut down on it now that I've an additional Internet subscription plan.

No comments: