Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons


To write a review about this movie would be to erase the beauty that has etched itself within me after having watched it. I want to continue savouring the sweetness I received during the experience.

All I can say is that it is a beautiful film about living life and loving the people in your life. It is definitely a movie worth savouring thoughtfully.

I brought out with me smiles on my face as the credits rolled to signal the end of its running. I usually cry when I watch emotionally pensive movies such as this but this time, I did not. I guess knowing that it had been written by F.Scott Fitzgerald who had also written The Great Gatsby, one of my favourite novels, helped me lock in my literary perusal. There were poignant scenes of death and loss, but this intellectual approach to the film protected me from an outburst.

No comments: