Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Take Home Chef

This cooking show is about Curtis Stone, a chef, and his camera crew, looking out for female shoppers at supermarkets to cook their meals for them. The meals are based on the likes of the people they are cooking for, or on the type of supermarkets they are at. He buys the ingredients for the dishes he will cook and usually includes a kitchen appliance as a gift to them.

On the way to their homes, he gets to know them and things about the people whom they will be eating with. Once there, he cooks the dishes in their kitchens and teaches them some cooking tips too. Then together, they surprise the people coming over to the house. After finishing up the dishes, he serves them to the pair, introducing them in the process before leaving the pair to enjoy the meal. Interviews with him and the pair on their feelings about certain parts of the show are interspersed throughout the programme.

I enjoy watching this programme and wish that we could have a local version. Then again, I doubt that chefs here are that free to do what he does. It would be nice to have a chef approach me i0n the supermarket to offer to cook on my behalf, since I'm still a novice at it. However, cooking is a labour of love to me and by cooking for my guests, it is my way of showing love to them. This is how I've been brought up as a Nonya. Perhaps I am not suitable to be approached by a chef then. Lol.

No comments: