Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bishan Library

I went to Bishan Library to sneak a peek at what was so 'cool' about it, as reviewed in the newspapers. It definitely fits the description.

The brightly-coloured and "Ikea-like" armchairs in the adult sections are super-snug to be in as one reads for hours on end. I enjoyed walking to the shelves for books and then plopping down on these "paradisal worlds" to get into another world.


There are science games to rack your brains on in the form of video machines and even a separate section in the library to hold private functions in. Unfortunately, this is partioned by a glass panel, thus rendering the noise made rather audible.

I was enticed in revelry by the range of books in the library. The cookery section is worth raving about. Besides the usual recipe books, there are also those on the history of what royalty ate through the centuries. I was greatly attracted to those, since I don't see them in other libraries and they are fantastic to flip through. Learning about what royalty ate is a rewarding experience! :)

I read the past issues of Cleo and Her World at the library too. The range of magazines there is more varied. Pets, decor, fitness, technology and architecture are some of the types of magazines that are rather unusual.

I borrowed 3 cookery books for the pictures and I just went crazy at the children's section. I made use of my premium membership and borrowed 8 books at one go. I don't care what people may think of me and I'm not afraid to say that I borrowed 3 Hardy Boys books and 5 Nancy Drew books. I am a fan of these detectives. I
borrowed 2 magazines: Family Circle and Weight Watchers. I borrowed 6 books on relationships as well.

So, go there now! Stop reading my blog, Oscar-worthy though it is. Lol.

No comments: