Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More of Corrinne May and a return to Kenny G, plus Kevin Kern

I was on Youtube searching for music videos and found more Corrinne May tracks. My additional favourites are: In the Bleak Midwinter, Shelter, Five Loaves and Two Fishes, The Answer, Angel in Disguise and On the Side of Me, some of which are from her latest album Beautiful Seed. Again, these songs speak of love, death and religion; things close to my heart too.

I also found Kenny G tracks. My favourites are: Morning, Going Home and Always. Though his melodies seem to sound similar, I love to listen to them.

Kevin Kern is another musician who is close to my heart. He was recommended by a friend of mine and his piano music is definitely to my taste. I love his album Embracing the Wind and my favourite tracks are: Through Your Eyes, The Silence of Knowing, Bathed in Dawn's Light, From This Day Forward, A Secret Grove and A Gentle Whisper. Though his melodies may be simple and even similar, they appeal to me, since I like simple chords. The feelings they evoke in me are undefinable.

No comments: