Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Japan Hour the documentary

Japan Hour on Channel News Asia is an awesome programme. It has evolved from game quizzes concerning the food to travelogues on the different parts of the country, including their delicacies of course. My mouth waters when the hosts exclaim,"O-i-shi!" Though I wonder if they really mean it, just the sight of the food already whets my appetite. I'm a visual person when it comes to food!

There were dishes like conger eel with rice, which's absolutely soft, chicken sashimi which's supposed to be odour-free and clam in fritters in the recent episodes. The sashimi doesn't appeal to me because the only raw food I consume is yu sheng! When I went to Japan, I actually cooked the raw food in the nabe! The clam however, made me hungry and still do, as I write this entry! I've a weakness for fried food!

I was so inspired to eat Japanese food for dinner after watching the episode! It's my favourite food but unfortunately, the restaurant nearby was too crowded. Sigh. Oh, it did inspire me to go to Japan as a result! It's also a show that binds the ties between my mum and I, since we look forward to watching it and talk about the food introduced. :) It is shown on Saturday nights at 7.30pm and on Sundays at 8am and 1pm.

No comments: