Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Corrine May's music just rocks!

I fell in love with her music when I went for a friend's recital, where her song 'Safe in a Crazy World' was performed. The lyrics are very poignant and though they refer to God's salvation from this world, I see them in a personal light. The song stayed in my head and I decided to listen to it again by searching for its midi online.

I stumbled on her website and her 2 albums 'Safe in a Crazy World' and 'Fly Away' are featured, with their lyrics and track excerpts included. I've bookmarked her website www.corrinemay.com and listen to her songs very frequently.

The album 'Safe in a Crazy World' has a few tracks I enjoy. Obviously the song of the same title is one of them. 'Save Me' and 'Every Beat of my Heart' have meaningful lyrics too, evoking personal thoughts in me.

Her earlier album 'Fly Away' is more evocative though. The songs appeal to my love for the people in my life. The song of the same title makes me aware of family love and death as a reality. 'Same Side of the Moon', 'Stay on the Road', 'Mr Beasley', 'All that I Need', 'Journey' and 'Something About You' are tracks that brings out love for the people with "a special place in my heart". 'Journey' also speaks to me of faith in God, as shared by Corrine while 'If You Didn't Love Me' refers to the people in my life, causing me to be thankful for their unconditional love and second chances.

Her music, lyrics and most importantly, her open heart given through them, in trust to her listeners' hearts, is what makes her so special as a musician.

I finally bought her 2 cds and I don't regret the purchase. Practically every single track is worth listening to over and over again. Her music coupled with the original lyrics based on her life, bring you into an ideal world of poignant tenderness and real sentiments.

No comments: