Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hillsongs rock but it's really the heart of worship

I mentioned that I had bought 3 CDs of Hillsongs. They are: Shout to the Lord I and II, as well as Ultimate Worship. It's funny how I always thought that hillsongs comprised of only fast songs and were more for teenagers. Yes, there are fast songs and I'm still not too used to these songs which have a rock-like tempo but I'm enthusiastically flipping over the slower worship songs.

I'm really crazy over these CDs and have been listening to them very often. They just make me want to revel in the songs and not snap back into reality. One thing I must note though is that they are tools for me to encounter God but they're not the focal point of my Catholic faith. The focal point is the Mass and the Blessed Sacrament for us. Jesus in the Eucharist, help me remember this all the time.

Some of the songs from the various CDs are as follows:
(Shout to the Lord I) I Will Run To You, Jesus You Gave It All, I Give You My Heart, The Potter's Hand, Jesus Lover of My Soul, Dwelling Places, All Things Are Possible, Eagles Wings, Love You So Much, Holy Spirit Rain Down and So You Would Come. This last song is so very special and poignant to me.

(
Shout to the Lord II) Emmanuel, You Are Holy, Made Me Glad, Lord of All, Great In Power, It Is You, Magnificent, Worthy Is The Lamb, Breathe On Me and Jesus Lover of My Soul.

(Ultimate Worship) Made Me Glad, The Potter's Hand, I Give You My Heart, Still, All The Heavens and Worthy Is The Lamb.

The Shout To The Lord series of 2 volumes is worth buying because each volume contains 2 CDs. So you are really listening to 4 CDs.

No comments: